Here’s a healthy recipe perfect for a post-run meal:
Almond and Lemon Crusted Fish with Spinach
Courtesy of eatingwell.com
Makes: 4 servings
Active Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 1/4 pounds cod (see Tip) or halibut, cut into 4 portions
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, slivered
- 1 pound baby spinach
- Lemon wedges for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine lemon zest, almonds, dill, 1 tablespoon oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place fish on the prepared baking sheet and spread each portion with 1 teaspoon mustard. Divide the almond mixture among the portions, pressing it onto the mustard.
- Bake the fish until opaque in the center, about 7 to 9 minutes, depending on thickness.
Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant but not brown, about 30 seconds. Stir in spinach, lemon juice and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; season with pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the spinach is just wilted, 2 to 4 minutes. Cover to keep warm. Serve the fish with the spinach and lemon wedges, if desired.
Per serving: 249 calories; 13 g fat (1 g sat, 8 g mono); 46 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 28 g protein; 4 g fiber; 496 mg sodium; 1025 mg potassium.
Do you have a recipe and photos you would like to share with Team for Kids runners? If so, email them to email@example.com for a chance to be featured!