Coach Gail’s 16-mile marker oatmeal/cherry cookies!
- 1/2 Cup(s) (1 stick) plus 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 Cup(s) light brown sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1-1/2 Cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 Teaspoon(s) Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 Teaspoon(s) salt (optional)
- 3 Cup(s) Quaker®Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 Cup(s) dried cherries or cranberries or raisins – I used cherries
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup dark or semi sweet chocolate bits
Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, beat butter and sugar on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Add other ingredients and mix well. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets or on parchment paper. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.
Recipe by Team for Kids staff member Gail Kislevitz
Do you have a recipe and photos you would like to share with Team for Kids runners? If so, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a photo for a chance to be featured!