When you arrive in Berlin, you want to ensure you can focus on your race and enjoy your travels. Reduce stress by planning ahead so you can arrive in Berlin confident and informed about the race logistics.
This is the equivalent of your registration confirmation form. You will receive your personal start card via email in early-mid September. If you have not received your card by September 15th, please reach out to us at email@example.com (please also have a look at your junk mail!). The start card is your permission to pick up your race number, so it is very important that you print the document and bring it with you.
Expo BERLIN VITAL
You need to visit the expo to pick up your bib, your ChampionChip, and your athlete wristband. The expo will be held from from September 22nd to September 24th at:
Luckenwalder Straße 4-6
Full details, including hours and suggested directions via public transit, can be found on the by visiting the expo site: http://berlin-vital.de/en/home/
You can get directions from your hotel to the expo by checking Google Maps or even asking for advice from staff at your hotel upon arrival.
Important notes from the BMW Berlin Marathon site regarding packet pick-up:
- Presentation of a photo-id (ID-card, passport, drivers license) is mandatory!
- Presentation of the start card is mandatory
- Your participation documents have to be picked up personally
- Pick-up by any other person is not possible
- The athlete’s wristband is your access authorization to the starting area. The wristband will be attached at the race number pick-up. Please do not remove it before leaving the finishing area on the day of your race.
- If you have your own ChampionChip, please bring it along and present it for the registration at the counter.
- If you have booked a rental chip, you will receive it together with your starting number.
- Every participant will receive a clothes bag.
- T-Shirts: the pre-booked official adidas event shirts or adidas finisher shirts have to be picked up at the Expo BERLIN-VITAL. A later pick-up is not possible.
- Any race number not picked up by the end of the expo will expire invariably.
The start area is located at Straße des 17. Juni, between Brandenburg Gate and “Kleiner Stern.” The changing tent and toilets with wheelchair access are located between the start and the Siegessäule (Victory Column) in the direction of the race. To explore the start area and course on an interactive map, please click here. The official runner start is at 9:15am. If you are checking a bag, please plan to arrive by 7:00am. For information about start waves, prohibited items, and further details, please click here. As a reminder, the Berlin marathon course will be marked in kilometers. Click here to get familiar with the miles to kilometers conversion.
The race finishes in the same area where it began. For reference, take a look at the course map here. If you are meeting friends or family at the finish, be sure to plan on an exact location with them before race day. We recommend choosing a local restaurant or public transit stop. Also note that at the finish your ChampionChip rental will need to be returned. There are six different locations within the finish area where you can return your chip until 4:30pm. Not returning the chip before 4:30pm will trigger the purchase option. EUR 25,00 (difference between the already payed rental fee and purchase price) will automatically be billed to your provided method of payment.
Knowing what to expect now will help you be prepared when you arrive in Berlin. Plan when you will visit the expo, and if you are arriving in Berlin early enough, you can try to run by the start area so you are aware of the layout and travel logistics from your hotel before race morning.