10. Don’t forget to pick up your race packet at the expo. Remember to bring a photo ID and your confirmation form.
9. If traveling, pack all of your race day gear in your carry on bag (running shoes, TFK singlet, shorts, socks, etc.).
8. Pack throw-away clothing for race morning just in case the weather is cold or wet.
7. Put your name on the front and back of your race day singlet so people can cheer you on. It really helps during those later miles.
6. Have a race plan and stick to it!!! Do NOT go out too fast!!! Trust your training and your race plan.
5. Have a mantra that works best for you for the later miles (i.e. “Feet fast, legs strong, I can do this all day long”).
4. Prepare your pre-race and race-day nutrition ahead of time. Stick to what you practiced during your long runs. Always have extra, just in case.
3. Don’t do anything new on race day!!! (nutrition, clothes, shoes, etc.)
2. Use Body glide. Do we really need to tell you why?
1. Remember the mission!!! If times get tough during your race think of the number one reason why you are doing this: supporting more than 215,000 students across the nation with free NYRR youth running programs, events, and resources!